Monday, September 14, 2026

U.S. Health Officials Move Quickly to Deploy Medical A.I. Despite Concerns; The New York Times, September 14, 2026

 , The New York Times; U.S. Health Officials Move Quickly to Deploy Medical A.I. Despite Concerns

"The Trump administration is accelerating efforts to make artificial intelligence an integral part of medical care in the United States, throwing the resources and support of the federal government into projects that deploy A.I. agents to diagnose and prescribe treatments to patients.

The multifront effort at the Department of Health and Human Services has raised concerns among some officials over the past few months that change is moving too quickly, with inadequate evidence of the technology’s safety and effectiveness, according to people who have been involved the discussions. They also worry about outsized influence of Silicon Valley investors that have previously played little role in federal health policy."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.